You may need asset protection and not even realize it. The best time to set up an asset protection plan is before you need one.
Anyone who does business in an area where the liability is high like a doctor, lawyer, financial advisor, just to name a few, should take steps for asset protection, but they are not the only ones.
Many people mistakenly believe that you must be insanely wealthy to justify seeking out the help of an asset protection attorney. While asset protection lawyers do protect those people, an asset protection lawyer often protects many more everyday people than you may even realize.
Some people seek asset protection when they are entrepreneurs or when a sickness arises and he or she wants to preserve specific items like their homes from ever-looming medical bills.
You want to make sure that you minimize your losses, by protecting your assets as you acquire or gain them.
- You may need asset protection in the following scenarios:
- You have either accumulated, received or are about to receive significant wealth.
- You have excessive credit card or business debts
- You face a potential tax or government liability
- You are facing or may face a lawsuit
- You are concerned about the financial stability of your business or the future of your job
Anyone who has worked hard to build any business or practice should consider consulting with an asset protection attorney. Asset protection is technically the debtor’s side of creditor-debtor law. Creditors are most concerned with how to collect debts and debtors are interested in how to protect their most valuable assets.
If you need to develop an asset protection plan, you want to speak with an experienced asset protection lawyer. Call today for your free, initial consultation.